The origin of Journey Church dates back to 1895 when the church was founded in Orangevale. The Church moved to Folsom in 1935 and became known as Folsom Presbyterian Church. Developing the present site on Blue Ravine began with the land purchase in 1960 and after much effort and fund raising the congregation held its first service in the new building on July 13, 1969. With additions through the years the Church today enjoys a lovely campus in the middle of Folsom, convenient to the whole community. Though the church’s name was changed to Journey Church in the 2000, it remains a part of the Presbyterian Church (USA) welcoming all who wish to worship God.
In February 2015 Journey Church went through a congregational split. A small remnant of the original congregation – with the help of the Sacramento Presbytery – started the process of rebuilding Journey Church of Folsom. In two years, Journey Church has recovered and grown from 25 to approximately 90 people that call Journey Church their church home. Our congregation is made up of newly baptized Christians, long standing members, and new members that reject the fundamentalist teachings of other faith communities.